Sunday 16 September 2012

Garden pasta

Today was still fairly warm and sunny, perhaps we're having an Indian summer afterall? I hope so, I do feel slightly cheated with the weather we've been experiencing. 

I still had some fresh sweetcorn to eat up and my courgette plants have produced yet more courgettes so the only thing I could cook up quick was a pasta dish. I had plenty of basil in the garden too so garden pasta was born!














All I did for this quick dish was fry up some onion until transparent, then add diced courgette, the sweetcorn kernels and sliced mushrooms and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Then add in chopped tomatoes either from a tin or fresh* with a little sugar, salt, balsamic vinegar and paprika and simmer until the fresh tomatoes are soft and mushy or the tinned tomatoes have reduced a little. In the meantime boil up some pasta of your choice, drain and add to the tomato sauce with torn basil leaves. Serve at once. 

*If using fresh tomatoes its best to peel them first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x