Saturday 3 November 2012

Every girl needs to be pampered

I've been off work all week and I have been enjoying the rest. Work had been rather manic to say the least leading up to my leave and time off was definitely what the doctor ordered! For the first few days all I seemed to do was sleep! But over the course of the week I have caught up with friends which is always lovely to do, including helping to build a Viking house with my friends daughter and going for walks in our nearby forest. Marco has loved having both of us at home too and it will be a shock to the system on Monday when we go back to work. 
During this week I caught up with a friend who has recently had a brand spanking new hot tub and we decided to have a pamper afternoon. Now to most girls this would involve a manicure, pedicure, massage or some sort of treatment. Not us! It involved food, fizz and lots of chatter whilst enveloped in warm water with jets pummelling our back muscles. Pure bliss!
Our feast included:

  • Roasted red pepper houmous
  • French bread
  • Vegetable samosas
  • Vegetable pakoras
  • Onion bhajis
  • Garlic mushrooms
  • Olives
  • Prosecco

No doubt we piled on the pounds but once in a while can't do you any harm can it? Now if only I could afford to buy and run a hot tub............................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x