Monday 21 January 2013

Fruit Salad

You will (hopefully) have seen my previous post on work snacks which showcased houmous and carrot sticks and guacamole and crisp breads. That satisfies the times when I fancy something savoury, however the times when I fancy something sweet it just doesn't fill the gap.

Another snack I take to work is a fruit salad, which I make up at the weekend with fruit that is either in season or on offer. Check out the knock down price area of your local supermarket, it amazes me what you can pick up. OK the food sometimes looks a bit sorry for itself but add it as an ingredient with something else and magic happens!

This weekend I put together a batch of fruit salad, which consisted of ½ honeydew melon, ½ a pineapple, 2 apples, 2 kiwi fruit and a handful of grapes. I squeeze over some lemon juice to stop the apples from going brown and store it in the fridge for me to dip in and out of over the week.


This particular batch made 4 servings, which I packed up in 4 recycled take away boxes.











Another thing I do is buy some soy yoghurt, my favourite being Alpro Vanilla and just measure out small portions in little tupperware boxes. You can buy one portion soy yoghurts too, most supermarkets even have their own brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x