Saturday 12 January 2013

Pesto Pasta

Today I searched my favourite overseas bloggers to give me some inspiration, my fridge was bare and only contained some sundried tomatoes in oil, basil, walnuts, soy cream and garlic to name a few ingredients! I had a few vegetables left in my crisper drawer too but nothing that reached out to me and said "cook me!"

Angela at Oh She Glows came up trumps with her 'lightened up Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta'. I didn't follow the recipe to the letter and changed the veg in my pasta (I used up all the sundried tomatoes in the pesto), but it was delicious! Thanks Angela.

Please click the link if you want to see how Angela made the pesto.














As you can see from the picture I also added a little drizzle of soy cream to the pasta and chose green beans instead of Angela's, tomatoes, basil and walnuts for the pasta. The pesto coated the pasta beautifully and gave me two portions of pasta for my lunch box. There was lots of pesto left over too, which gave me an idea for my next recipe.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x