Sunday 27 January 2013

Sometimes life isn't fair!

As you will remember when I started this blog I wrote down my top 5 priorities, goals that I want to achieve in life. For a quick refresher theses were: 

1)     Small holding and being self sufficient
2)     Losing weight and helping others too
3)     Owning and running a healthy eating cafe/bistro "Self Sufficient Cafe"
4)     Children and a dog!
5)     Travelling

This list was revamped and detailed what I can do 
to make me happy right here right now! Once again in no particular order.

1)     Lose weight
2)     Be healthy
3)     Have a baby
4)     To have more fun time with hubby
5)     Enjoy my hobbies, camping, gardening, crafting, blogging and find an enjoyable exercise!

My progress so far is good and not so good. I have lost weight a stone in total (although a few pounds crept back on over Christmas). My shoulder injury is making good progress and I am able to use it more than I have done in nearly two years! Hubby and I now own a gorgeous dog, which provides a lot of fun and laughter. I'm finally blogging on a regular basis, just hope I can keep this up! I'm planning future camping holidays with hubby and Marco,  fun times ahead. My enjoyable exercise is walking Marco and at the same time meeting other dog owners and getting to know their dogs and them. Although I only know them by their dogs names! 

The not so good is I'm not really gardening or crafting at the moment, I think some of this relates to my shoulder injury and not having enough hours in the day! But there is an elephant in the room. It pains me to write this but after years of trying for a baby without success I have been told that it is highly unlikely that I will be a Mum. This, as you can imagine was extremely devastating to us both and although we were told a few months ago now, I'm only just coming to terms with it. Well, that's not quite true, I think I'm coming to terms with it and then someone else I know becomes pregnant and I realise that I haven't come to terms with it at all!

Life just isn't fair sometimes! I know that its not anyone's fault, its just the luck of the draw but it doesn't quite feel like that. It's a huge burden to carry. I know I'm not alone but at times you really do feel like you are.

Life goes on though and I will fill it with all the other things that I love doing, time is a great healer and time is what I need.

I know that one is a biggie but overall on the up side I'm fulfilling most of what I set out to do which is good, in fact its fantastic! Well done me!

I am so far love being vegan and I am already planning on going to the vegan festivals around the country this year and meeting like minded people. Who knows where this vegan journey will take me...............................

Here's an up to date picture of Marco, enjoying his afternoon snack - a carrot!

He loves his carrots and goes mental when you ask him if he wants one!

What veggies do your pets love (or hate)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x