Tuesday 26 February 2013

Pitta Bread Pizza

I was ravenous when I got home tonight and I needed something fast, easy and most importantly tasty! On opening up the fridge I had some Redwood Cheezly that I'd used sometime back and needed using up and in my crisper box was an odd courgette, a red pepper, a couple of mushrooms. I also had 2 pitta breads that needed using up. The others had been filled with houmous, falafel and salad for lunches. And so pitta bread pizza was born purely out of hunger!

Ingredients
2 Pitta Breads
Tomato passata
½ Courgette
½ Red Pepper
½ Onion
3 Mushrooms
2 tsp Mixed herbs

Method
Coat one side of each pitta with the tomato passata. Finely slice the onion, courgette, red pepper and mushrooms and layer them on to the tomato passata in that order. Grate the vegan cheese of your choice over the vegetables and sprinkle with the mixed herbs. Bake in an oven until the 'cheese' has 'melted'. Careful not to bake for too long as the pitta breads have a tendency of going hard and therefore difficult to cut saw through!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x