Saturday 16 March 2013

Cupcake Baking Day

A few days ago I shared with you that I had 9 vegan recipe books, which I hadn't used, so I set to and made the Happy Herbivores Brownies and Baked Tofu with Mustard sauce. BUT it also sparked off something else. I realised I didn't have any recipe books for vegan cakes and as I reported previously I don't have enough confidence to start from scratch (yet). So I found myself searching the internet for a book that would teach me the basics and offer some yummy recipes. I wasn't disappointed with my search, I found and bought: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World: 75 Dairy-free Recipes for Cupcakes That Rule by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope.

The day it arrived I went to bed early and read it from cover to cover! I couldn't wait to try some of the recipes. As from previous experience it actually took me time to do just that. This makes 10 vegan cook books with very few recipes made! This is getting to be a habit.  I'm too engrossed in the kitchen coming up with my own creations to have the time to cook something from one of my now 10 vegan cook books.

However, I had the perfect excuse, I wanted to say thank you to all my friends and colleagues at work who had donated money to the Guillain-Barre Syndrom Support Group Charity. Regular readers will already know that a close family member, S, had been diagnosed with this awful disease a few weeks back and was in critical care. I'm please to report that S has started the road to recovery and is out of critical care. S has a long way to go but is surrounded by a positive Support Group Family. We wanted to give something back and two of us (not me!) are running the local half marathon to raise money for the national charity Guillain-Barre Syndrom Support Group. 

I went a little mad and made over 30 cupcakes! I didn't follow the receipes to the letter as I hadn't got all the ingredients and substituted other ingredients when it felt appropriate. I know I'm terrible I'm just not built to follow orders!  

I made the basic chocolate cupcake recipe and added extras to make the following:

  • Choclate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
  • Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
  • Chocolate Orange Cupcakes with Chocolate Ffrosting
  • Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
  • Chocolate Mocha and Walnut Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
They went down an absolute treat and I was praised on the moistness of the sponge, no-one could believe they were vegan. RESULT!

Once again, and I apologise, the photograph is rubbish! It does not give these marvelous beauties the justice they deserve.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x