Saturday 6 April 2013

March Vegan Food Swap - What I received

I was looking forward to receiving my second vegan food swap box as the first was fabulous, and once again I wasn't disappointed.

Hannah from hannahbananabakery sent me my vegan box of goodies this time, check out her vegan creme egg tutorial on her blog.

I received a mixture of sweet and savoury produce which included miso soup, mayonnaise, parsley and chocolate.

The chocolate consisted of mini moos honey comb bars, Vanoffe raw cocao confectionary and a Raw Choc Brownie. I dived straight into the honey comb mini moos! Before turning vegan Crunchy was one of my favourite treats. I've heard great things about the raw choc foods and I'm sure before the day is out I will have tried one of the other chocolate bars!

I have tried the solesse mayonnaise before and I must admit I wasn't a huge fan of it, but that was a long time ago and I'm willing to give it another go. My favourite vegan mayonnaise is made by Tiger Tiger and the garlic version is incredible. I sent my vegan swap box partner one, I hope she liked it. Another item I sent my vegan swap box partner was Miso soup and Hannah sent me one too. Great minds think alike. I always have a packet of miso soup in the cupboard its a good thing to have on hand.

You can never have enough dried parsley, I have a whole cupboard full of herbs and spices as well as 2 (yes 2) spice racks. I don't own one herb or spice twice and I'm always delving into them. The last item Hannah provided was Kallo organic vegetable stock, which I've never tried before.

Thanks Hannah, I shall enjoy eating all of my vegan swap box goodies.

2 comments:

  1. Where do I find out about the vegan food swap box?
    Thanks Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte
    To Happy Vegans organise it, Sasha and Mitsu. You should give it a try its so much fun. http://www.tohappyvegans.com/wordpress/uk-vegan-food-swap/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x