Friday 12 April 2013

The New Facebook Page

I decided to create a face book page for Self Sufficient Cafe as well as the blog. I can't promise this will be updated every day but I will try, honest.

Please feel free to take a look and leave any comments, likes or suggestions for future recipes.


I fancy challenging myself in the kitchen and came up with an idea that tests my cooking skills and creativeness in the kitchen. 

I'm going to run a series of 'ready steady cook' type recipes, where I'll ask you to leave a message either on the blog or on facebook which lists three ingredients, and I will put together a recipe that showcases these ingredients (hopefully). 

Its just for fun and to keep me on my toes, so I don't get bored or stuck in a rut making the same recipes time and time again. I'll follow the 'rules' of the ready steady cook programme and only add store cupboard ingredients to the three ingredients that you list and I will try and come up with a recipe to tempt your taste buds.

This won't be a daily occurrence of course but I'm hoping to do this once a fortnight to start the ball rolling. Try it and see what I come up with. 

Now that's what I call putting me on the spot! 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jasmine, I think this is a great idea and I think my three ingredients will really challenge you, they are Tofu, Chickpeas and Beetroot. I've only tried tofu once and wasn't a fan but want to try it again. I've only ever had chickpeas in houmous and I don't like beetroot at all, I think the colour puts me off? I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks
    Kierra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x