Monday 20 May 2013

May Vegan Food Swap - What I Received

I can't believe that its time for another vegan food swap box, it comes around so quickly, which isn't a bad thing as I'm always excited to see what I will receive and I love putting together a box for a total stranger. If you've never heard of this before it's something that To Happy Vegans organise and every month you are assigned a partner to send a parcel of vegan goodies to and in return you receive your own parcel of surprise delights!



This month Lucy from Lucy the Vegan blog sent me a parcel of goodies, which included the following delights:
  • Hot Wasabi Soya and Corn Crisp Thins by the Food Doctor
  • Marks & Spencer Refried Beans
  • Primal Strip - Meatless Vegan Jerky Seitan - Teriyaki
  • Primal Strip - Meatless Vegan Jerky Soy - Chicory Smoked
  • Bounce Natural Energy Ball - Spirulina & Ginseng Defence Boost
  • Ombar - Acai & Blueberry Chocolate
  • Yu! Jus Fruit- Blueberry Pieces
  • Yu! Jus Fruit- Cherry Pieces
  • Trek Cocoa Coconut Protein Flapjack
As you can see it was a real parcel of goodies, so far I've tried the hot wasabi soya and corn crisp thins, which were very hot indeed! I didn't eat them all in one sitting they were that hot! Even hubby thought they were hot and he eats vindaloo curries. The wasabi really does catch the back of your nose when you eat them, but that's not to say that I didn't like them, I did.

I've also tried the Ombar which was delicious, I could really taste the blueberries, vegan chocolate as it contains no milk can be very bitter, but this was quite the opposite and very sweet, mmmmm delicious.

Lucy has sent me a box full of goodies that not only haven't I tried before but I've never seen before and I can't wait to try everything else in the parcel. I'm thinking something Mexican for tea so I can use the refried beans.

Thanks Lucy I loved your swap box, I hope you received a fantastic one too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x