Tuesday 28 May 2013

May Vegan Food Swap - What I Sent

A week ago I told you about the amazing goodies that I received from Lucy the Vegan in the May vegan swap box. I had been partnered up with Dan who works for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)



PETA is a well worthy charity, infact I don't know why I'm not a member already. But this has been resolved and I am now a fully fledged member and my donation is already doing some good to help protect animals.

Please check out their website it is full of information some which you may find distressing, but we can't close our eyes to what is happening, we need to help PETA put a stop to what happens to our fellow creatures. 

PETA have a free vegan starter kit too which I downloaded, it is full of useful information and gives you links to some tasty recipes. You can also find some tasty recipes here, just click on the recipe tab and it will give you a list of all the dishes I have posted.

Now, I can imagine Dan is extremely busy and sometimes the last thing you want to do when you get home is cook up a feast so I thought I would add some ingredients to his vegan swap box so that he can rustle up a tasty vegan meal in no time at all. I also included some sweet and savoury snacks that Dan can keep at work for those times when you just need a little something. And to round it off I included some chocolate. I hope Dan likes my vegan swap box, I enjoyed putting it together.


In my vegan swap box I included the following items:
  • Sharwoods Thai Green Curry paste
  • A Box of Pure Creamed Coconut
  • A Packet of Silken Tofu
  • Uncle Ben's Basmati and Thai Rice
  • A Sesame Bar
  • A Peanut Bar
  • A Packet of Pitted Green Olives with Chilli
  • A Packet of Hot Chilli Potato Hoops
  • A Packet of Graze 'Wasapea'
  • Kallo Organic Belgian Dark Chocolate Rice Cake Thins
  • Hale & Hearty Deliciously Wholesome Date & Chocolate Flapjack
I saw the Thai Green Curry Paste in Sainsbury's and I bought some for myself too, which I haven't used yet but will do soon. I don't think you can go wrong with having some olives to hand, they are a delicious healthy snack, but I think you either love or hate them and I hope Dan is an olive lover! I normally include a Graze box with my swap but this time I decided against it and instead I just added one packet from my latest Graze box, wasapea. 


My favourite treat at the moment is the Hale and Hearty Deliciously Wholesome Date and Chocolate Flapjack. It really is delicious and I can't get enough of them at the moment. They are a little on the expensive side but so worth it. The Belgian Chocolate Rice Cake Thins were provided in a previous swap box I received and they are now a staple food cupboard item in our household.


To see what I received from Lucy the Vegan check out this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x