Saturday 15 June 2013

A Vegan Girls Lunch

I hadn't caught up with my sister in ages because I'd been poorly and the last thing she needed was to catch anything I had whilst she was recovering from Guillain Barre Syndrome. But today she and Mum came for lunch. It was such a beautiful day (between downpours) and we decided to eat al fresco. I absolutely love eating outdoors when the weather is warm enough, it really does make you feel like you are on holiday. We were lucky enough to miss the showers, but just after we cleared up the heavens opened!

The spread I put on was a simple but tasty variety of vegan food and included some french-like bread spread with vitalite, a gorgeous garden salad put together by my sister, falafels, Mediterranean couscous (yep another packet was lurking in my cupboard), toasted seeds, beetroot and a trio of dips. The dips I chose were houmous (of course), olive tapenade and creamy celery. Recipes below.


Olive tapenade Ingredients
100g black pitted olives
10g Capers
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Garlic clove
Dash Olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Method
Put everything into a food processor and blend to a paste.

Creamy Celery Dip Ingredients
3 Ribs Celery
1 Tbsp Vegan cream cheese
Dash vegan Worcester sauce
Dash Olive 
1 Tsp Dried Parsley
½ Tsp Dried Thyme

Method
Put everything into a food processor and blend to a paste. Be careful not to add too much Worcester Sauce or Olive Oil you don't want to make it too runny.

The spread was perfect for a glorious sunny day (between showers). Both Mum and my sister thoroughly enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x