Tuesday 25 June 2013

June Vegan Swap Box - What I Received


Yay! My vegan swap box is here! I had to have it delivered again as there was no-one in to sign for it the first time it was delivered. It was the biggest box I had ever received, I was so excited to open it up but it was wrapped up so well, it took me 10 minutes to open it up and find the treasure!

This months swap box was from Gary, he doesn't have a blog but he's a tweeter. You can find him on twitter @RealGandy

As you can see my box was filled with treasure, some sweet, some savoury, some new, some old favourites. In my box I had:

  • New Chocolate Chip Hobnobs
  • Goody Good Stuff Cola Bottles
  • ASDA Free From Choc Orange buttons
  • ASDA Free From Choc Buttons
  • Moo Free Chocolate Drops
  • Dark Chocolate Covered Marzipan
  • The Organic Vegetarian Burger Mix
  • Nibl Wasabi Bean Mix
  • Primal Strip - Meatless Vegan Jerky - Shitake Mushroom Hot & Spice
  • Primal Strip - Meatless Vegan Jerky - Seitan Mesquite Lime
  • Tiger Tiger Mayo

The hobnobs were opened first and I'm ashamed to say I scoffed almost half a packet in one sitting! I like the original hobnobs too but the chocolate chip hobnobs were a welcome treat, I don't think I'll go back to the original hobnobs now I've tasted these! I've tried the ASDA choc buttons before and they're a nice addition to my lunch box every now and then. I've not tried the chocolate drops from Moo Free before but I have tried their chocolate and these were just as good. I bet they're also good for baking chocolate chip muffins! The Goody Good Stuff Cola Bottles are my favourites of favourites, I just can't get enough of these little beauties!


My regular readers will already know that Tiger Tiger Mayo is my favourite, so that will be used often. I've not tried the nibl wasbi beans yet but if the wasabi crisps are anything to go by these are going to blow my head off! Can't wait to try them. I've been sent primal strips before but if I'm honest I've never been brave enough to try them. However the mushroom one has caught my eye and I shall try this with interest. I don't normally eat fake 'meats' (bar the occasional  Linda McCartney sausage, strange I know but true) as I gave meat up for a reason and anything that looks or tastes like meat is a waste on me. But I am going to try the mushroom primal strip, I'm intrigued. 

After my review of shop bought vegan burgers I can't wait to try the organic vegetarian burger mix, Gary tells me this is a good one. In fact I may just make it up for tomorrows tea. Thank you so much Gary for all the goodies, it was by far the biggest and heaviest box I've received, and I will enjoy everything you have included. I hope you received a good one too!

To see what I sent to my partner, Jade, please see yesterdays post.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great box. The chocolate orange buttons sound yummy. I'll have to give them a try :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x