Monday 28 October 2013

Vegan Food Swap Box - October Part 2

Yesterday I blogged about the vegan swap box I sent to Nicky and today I'll be sharing what Helen sent to me. 


In my vegan food parcel I received the following:
  • Nairns - Mixed Berry Oat Biscuits
  • Nairns - Fruit & Spice Oat Biscuits
  • Nairns - Stem Ginger Oat Biscuits
  • Yo Yo Bear Apple Fruit Rolls
  • Marks & Spenser Salted Mini Pretzels
  • Suma Spiced Roast Chickpeas
  • Holland & Barrett Japanese Rice Crackers
  • Marks & Spencers Bombay Potatoes Spice Kit
  • Marks & Spencers Re-fried Beans
  • Simon Rimmer Carrot & Coriander Falafel Mix

I think Helen must be physic, as the day my parcel arrived was the day the vegan biscuits ran dry from the biscuit tin at work! So I was chuffed to bits to see that Helen had included three Sasha and Mitsu's blog called tohappyvegans for further information and to subscribe. Its really good fun! Every month you are assigned a partner to send a parcel of vegan goodies to and in return you receive your own parcel of vegan goodies. 
different flavours of the Nairns biscuit range. All very yummy I might add. I haven't come across these before but then again I don't tend to visit the biscuit aisle at a supermarket and read the ingredient list on every packet of biscuits! All the vegan biscuits I have come across are through word of mouth or indeed through the vegan food swap box system. If you've never heard of the vegan swap box or indeed want to join in take a trip over to

Another sweet item and a work day treat was the Yo Yo Bear Apple Fruit Rolls, I've not tried this flavour before and it didn't disappoint. Yo Yo Bear do a variety of flavours including strawberry, apple, pineapple, mango, blueberry and raspberry. 


The savoury treats were also great, I've only recently been introduced to pretzels by a friend and at first I wasn't a huge fan but now I'm hooked and I don't think that's a good thing either! Helen also included some spiced and roasted chick peas which are great to keep that rumbling tummy at bay, a handful of these baby's just hit the spot, very tasty and kind of healthy :) Finally and by no means at least a packet of Japanese rice crackers. These were always a staple in my graze boxes which I don't do now as the vegan swap box system is much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x