Tuesday 26 November 2013

First Time for Everything

So, what is it that I've done I hear you cry?

I've entered one of my recipes into a competition - yikes! 

I thought long and hard about this and I dithered for what seemed like an eternity before I decided to take the leap of faith. I decided in the end to enter my stuffed mushroom recipe into the competition. This was for two reasons; 

1) it is extremely tasty and I enjoyed creating it, and
2) its one of my better photos!

When I make a dish all I want to do is taste it, I'm normally too hungry to spend hours over food styling and setting up the photo-shoot to get a decent photo. Perhaps this should change and I should take a refresher course in photography, after all its been a fair few years since I took my 'O' Level!



Since starting this blog and recording my progress through recipe creations I have been successful in achieving one of my passions to lead a vegan lifestyle. I have shared with you many recipes, some good, some not so good and some absolute disasters which have never made it to the blog! I have enjoyed recording my progress and challenging myself at times, for example, the recent Vegan Mofo, where I blogged every day with a different bean recipe. It was during my vegan mofo challenge that the recipe I have entered into the competition was born and I was chuffed to bits with the result. The stuffed mushrooms were heavenly and I've made them a number of times since.

The "Feast your Eyes on Vegan" competition is run by the flexitarian who has a list of 9 entries which include both sweet and savoury entries.

It would mean the absolute world to me if you would take the time to vote for me and my recipe by leaving a comment in the comments box on the flexitarian's website:

http://theflexitarian.co.uk/2013/11/25/feast-eyes-vegan-vote-now/

Many thanks!

Jasmine x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x