Wednesday 26 February 2014

Asian Fusion Salad

Here is the last recipe from the February Menu I posted at the beginning of the month, Asian Fusion Salad. I don't normally like fruit in savoury dishes, pineapple on a pizza is a no no, but I need to push my taste boundaries and so I included a fruit in this dish. I was absolutely amazed with the results, I ended up making more dressing just so I could dip more plums into it! Now that is progress!


                                                         Ingredients - serves 2
Marinade:
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
Dressing:
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Chilli oil
2 Tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
1 Tbsp Lime juice
Salad:
100g Mixed leaf salad
2 Choi Sum, finely shredded
1 Red onion, finely sliced
4 Cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 Carrot, cut into matchsticks
2 Victoria plums, quartered and sliced
2 Tbsp Fresh coriander, finely shredded
1 Block Smoked Tofu

Method
First, drain the tofu and press for at least half an hour to remove the excess moisture. Once the tofu has been pressed slice into 6 slices. Pour the marinade ingredients into an oven proof dish and mix to combine. Add the tofu and turn so that both sides are coated with the marinade. Bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes, turning once.

To make the dressing  comibine all the ingredients into a small jam jar and shake vigorously (after putting on the lid of course) so that all the ingredients amalgamate. Put to one side

Arrange the salad leaves on two plates and top with the red onion and choi sum. Add the tomatoes, carrots and plums and sprinkle with the coriander. 

Once the tofu has cooked, cut each slice in half and arrange on top of the salad. Garnish the salad with a twist of cucumber if you wish and pour over the dressing.

Enjoy!




Other February Menu recipes include:

The menu for March will be posted soon, and there is so much to celebrate in March!

2 comments:

  1. I was sold on this immediately, I love sweet with savoury. This I am definitely going to try :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fran, I'm actually craving it again already! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x