Saturday 1 February 2014

Chinese New Year Celebrations

OK, so I'm officially 1 day too late, as Chinese New Year was 31st January but as today is Saturday it gave me more time to create a recipe and try it out before posting. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I was planning on making a banquet, but time got the better of me and I only made 2 dishes; Schezwan noodles with vegetables and a spicy kale and mushroom stirfry. I was really happy with the kale and mushroom dish, try it and see what you think.

Ingredients - serves 2 as a side dish

1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 Garlic clove, finely grated
1 thumb size piece of ginger, finely grated
½ Chilli, sliced
3 handfuls of kale, chopped
1 Tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
4-5 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Large mushrooms, diced
Salt & Pepper


Method
Gently fry the onion in the sesame oil until translucent.

Next add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for another minute.

Add the kale and continue to move around the wok until it starts to wilt. Add the Chinese 5 spice powder and a little water if it starts to stick, adding more water as necessary.

Add the soy sauce and mushrooms and stir fry for another 4-5 minutes, adding further water if necessary.

Add salt and pepper to taste and serve at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x