Thursday 17 April 2014

Specials Board: Mushroom Ragu

The other week I hosted #VeganRecipeHour and it was so much fun. The theme was #veganfoodisawesome and people tweeted in their meals and photographs. 

If you fancy taking part @VeganRecipeHour hosts every Thursday between 8pm & 9pm, and if ever you want to see what you missed VeganRecipeHour's Blog has a summary of the hour.

I needed something quick as I was late home from work and I needed to photograph my meal so I could tweet the picture. As normal practice in my house, the fridge door was opened and I searched through what needed using up first! I had a BIG pack of mushrooms which had been started and the last few needed using up. Not a problem I thought I love mushrooms!

This dish was ready and on my plate in 20 minutes, how's that for speed? 

Ingredients
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Onion
1 Garlic clove, minced
250g Mushrooms
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Water, more if needed
1 Tsp Porcini powder
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Smoked paprika
1 Tsp Thyme
1Tsp Onion granules
1 Tsp Lemon juice
¼ Tsp Mustard powder
2 Heaped Tbsp Vegan cream cheese, I used Tofutti Creamy Smooth - Garlic and Herbs
Black pepper

Method
Saute the onion in the olive oil until translucent, add the garlic and saute for another minute.

Add the mushrooms and soy sauce and cook for another 5 minutes, adding a little water at a time if needed.

Add the remainder of the ingredients bar the vegan cream cheese and black pepper and stir to combine with the mushrooms. You may need to add a little more water, it won't alter the flavour.

Add the vegan cream cheese and stir until it has melted and is incorporated into the sauce. Grind in some black pepper and serve with plain couscous.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x