Guess what? I'm so pleased to tell you that I've been nominated for a Liebster award by Julie from My Apologies for the Novel and Jesse from Mad Hatter's Pantry! Thanks Guys!
It's not an actual award itself, more like an online chain letter which aims to get to know fellow bloggers better and meet knew bloggers. The rules are simple and here's what you do if you get nominated.
- Answer the 10 questions provided and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees
- Nominate 8 other bloggers, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post
- No tag backs
- Nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform
- You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them
Jesse had a great idea and combined her nominations with vegan mofo by using randomofo, such a great idea! So in honour of vegan mofo 2014 and Jesse's idea I decided to do the same. The blogs I have nominated I have found through randomofo.
So here are the questions - I have answered both sets of questions!
- When is your "veganniversary"/the date you went vegan? (Or if, like me, you don't remember the exact date, have you chosen a day on which to celebrate your veganniversary?)
I'd dabbled with veganism in the past, but I made the full transition on 1st January 2013 so I've only celebrated once! But I'm so pleased that I am now fully committed to it, I feel much better in myself too. I used to suffer with lots of headaches but since becoming vegan I can count the number of headaches on one hand - 4 to be precise!
- What's one of your best qualities?
- What is your most-used kitchen tool/utensil?
My Vitamix! I treated myself to one for my veganniversary and I've not looked back since I use it most days if not every day!
- Do you share your life with any animals? (If so, tell us a bit about them.)
My life would not be the same without my gorgeous Marco. He's a border collie and he make our lives complete. He does everything with me, bar coming to work with me, but if I work from home he just curls up around my feet under the desk.
- If you could open a sanctuary, what would be the first type of animal you would rescue?
Which ever animal needed my help on that day.
- Do you prefer your pizza hot and fresh, or cold as leftovers the next day?
Straight out of the oven!
- What is your favorite type of tea?
Its a close call between Lady and Early Grey
- What's one food/meal that you thought you'd never have again once you went vegan, only to find out later that there is a vegan version of it?
I used to love Yorkie Bar's and now there is the Veggo Bar which is very similar, if you haven't tried it, go and buy one right now! Its delicious
- What would be your “catch phrase?” (What is your favorite phrase and/or what is the phrase you say most often?)
The world is your vegan oyster!
- What's your go-to dish to bring to a vegan potluck?
I've never been to a vegan potluck before, but if I was to go to one it would have to be a mushroom dish, like mushroom ragu, mushroom stroganoff or mushroom pie!
- What made you decide to take part in Vegan MoFo?
I took part last year and I had so much fun I thought why not do it again. It was a lot harder though this year as I hadn't prepared for it so most of the recipes I have shared this year were made/created on the day of the post. It was exhausting but still fun.
- What is the weirdest vegan meal you've been served?
I don't think I've had a weird vegan meal, I've been disappointed, marvelled and just not sure. The strangest thing served was tomato spaghetti for a Christmas dinner - does that count?
- If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why?
I'm lucky enough to have done a little travelling already and I spent almost three years away from home, travelling Australasia. I couldn't chose an outright favourite from all the countries I visited as I loved them all! I've never made it over to America or Canada though so I'd love to give those countries a try.
- What did you want to be when you were a child?
I can't actually remember what I wanted to be as a child, I loved so many things and I just wanted to be happy doing something I loved.
- What are you now?
I work for the Local Education Authority, which is very stressful and very busy but I would love to work in the food industry, own my own vegan bistro and write my own cook books
- Do you have any animal friends at your house? Tell me about them!
Yes, my lovely Marco - see above
- What has been your favourite album of the year so far?
Gosh! That's a toughie! I like so much different music from Elbow to Pharrell Williams!
- Which festive season (if any) do you look forward to the most?
If there's food involved I look forward to it! Christmas is the obvious choice as there is sooooo much food but I'm not a fan of the cold dark nights (and days for that matter). I look forward to the spring when I can get out in my garden
- Can you recommend a good book?
I love reading books that make you laugh out loud, and I've recently just finished reading "The Tent, Bucket and Me" if ever you've been camping as a child this will have you in stitches!
- Tell me a secret? (Or a random fact if you don't want to share your secrets!)
I'm a little piglet! I LOVE my food, hahahahahaha
1. What food item could you not do without?
2. What would be your last supper (you can have 3 courses)?
3. What is your favourite TV show?
4. Who is your favourite comedian?
5. What is your favourite junk food?
6. How long have you been Vegan?
7. Has your health improved since turning vegan?
8. What ingredient had you never heard of until you went vegan?
9. What is your favourite smell?
10. What is a typical Sunday like for you?
My 8 nominations are:
A Little Vegan Blog in Big Ol' Texas - http://andisay0214.blogspot.co.uk/
Stephanie at http://questingadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Shannon at http://vegansweetandsimple.com/
Bianca at http://www.elephantasticvegan.com/
Cristina at http://www.veggiebytes.com/
Johanna at http://gggiraffe.blogspot.co.uk/
Michelle at http://michellestinykitchen.blogspot.co.uk/
'S' at http://justabtvegan.com/
I'm going to add one more to the list above, which I've chosen myself and that's
Tracy over at My Living Cook Book go check out her blog.
To all you nominees, please don't feel obliged to take part, if you don't want to. Its just a bit of harmless fun so people can get to know you a little better. If you're reading this post before I've let you know I hope it hasn't come as too mush of a shock :o)
Thanks again to Julie from My Apologies for the Novel and Jesse from Mad Hatter's Pantry for nominating me.