Monday 18 May 2015

Rhubarb Syllabub

I promised you a rhubarb recipe and here it is; Rhubarb Syllabub, well, my take on it anyhow. This is not a heavy creamed dessert, although you could eat it for dessert but more of a fruity breakfast. It's also perfect for people on the go as it is easily packaged up to take with you.

I've always roasted my rhubarb rather than stewing it as it always tends to hold its shape a little better. The rhubarb I have grown isn't that tart so my dish didn't need much sugar, but feel free to add more if you feel it is necessary.

Have you tried the Alpro Soya yoghurt with almonds yet? Oh my, it is absolutely delicious, and it is the perfect yoghurt to use for this dish.

Ingredients - Serves 1
100g Alpro plain yoghurt with almonds
6 Tbsp Stewed rhubarb (see recipe below)
3 Tbsp Homemade muesli

Method
Mix the yoghurt with 3 Tbsp of the stewed rhubarb and place half of the mixture in a glass.

Sprinkle over the homemade muesli and top with the remaining yoghurt and rhubarb mixture.

Add the rest of the rhubarb to the top and enjoy. Delicious even if I do say so myself! I've been enjoying this for breakfast for the last 2 weeks and I haven't tired of it yet!

Stewed Rhubarb - 5 portions 

Ingredients
450g-475g Rhubarb, washed and patted dry
1 Ruby grapefruit, juice only
7g-10g Ginger, grated
1 Tbsp Sugar, or more if you so wish

Method
Cut the rhubarb into 3cm pieces and toss into an oven proof dish.

Add the grated ginger to the grapefruit juice and stir. Pour over the rhubarb.

Sprinkle over the sugar and roast in a moderate oven for 20-30 minutes or until the rhubarb is cooked but still holding its shape.

Leave to cool, and store in the fridge ready for your breakfast for the week ahead.


Jasmine x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x