Monday 4 May 2015

Spring into Action Part 1 - Speedy Spaghetti Bolognaise

I decided to compile a second series called "Spring into Action", which is all about healthy food that can be on your plate in a matter of minutes! Lets face it, with the nights staying lighter for longer who has the time to stand in the kitchen for hours on end preparing your meals, if you're like me you want to make the most of those lighter nights!

I have scoured the internet for some spring like quotes to get us started and here are a few of my favourites (you can tell I love my gardening!):

  • Spring is natures way of saying "lets party!" - Robin Williams
  • Despite the forecast - live like its Spring - Lily Pulitzer
  • It's Spring! We are so excited we wet our plants - unknown
  • In the Spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt - Margaret Attwood (from Bluebeard's Egg)

My first super quick recipe I'm going to share with you is my Speedy Spaghetti No Bolognaise, its a tweak on a previous recipe I posted, but I keep going back to this recipe time and time again when I'm short on time.

Ingredients 
Splash of olive oil 
1 Onion, diced
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
1 Red pepper, diced
200g Soya mince (I used Tesco's own brand)
250g Tomato passata
4 Tsp Mixed herbs
2 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Balsamic vinegar
½ Tsp Sugar
½ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Chilli flakes
2 Tbsp Tomato puree
Grind of black pepper

Method
Boil your kettle and pour the hot water over the spaghetti in a large pan. Turn on the heat and push the spaghetti so it is all under the water. Once it starts simmering give the spaghetti a quick stir. Cook as per packet instructions and drain.

Whilst your spaghetti is cooking make the "No Bolognaise" sauce.
First sauté the onion in the olive oil for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for a further minute, stirring all the time.

Next add the red pepper and sauté for another 2 minutes adding a splash of water if the vegetables start sticking to the pan.

Add the soya mince to the pan and stir so all ingredients are mixed well. 

Stir in the tomato passata and bring to a simmer, about 3 minutes.

Add the remaining ingredients and stir in, simmer for another 6 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.

Dish out the spaghetti onto plates and top with the "No Bolognaise" sauce.



Enjoy!
Jasmine x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, Jasmine x